Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Do People Who Have Car Insurance Ever Get Into Accidents?

I'll tell you, it's been my experience that the answer to that question would be no! It's a long story, and not even a good story, but I've become the proud owner of a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer. Mercury's answer to the Ford Explorer. I got this truck when I bailed my crack meth smoking, orange jumpsuit wearing brother out of jail. I need to sell it and get my money back, yada, yada, yada. Well, I can't sell it yet because I have to wait for the fine folks at that DMV in Alabama to send me back the title in my name. They said it could take up to 12 weeks because of some glitch in the computer system. Whatever. At least they're not blaming it on Katrina, but that's a whole 'nother show Oprah. Fast forward to Frank moving in after we got married. He needed to use the truck to get some crap items that he didn't want the movers to touch. He's driving the truck one day and whamo! He gets rear-ended. And not in a good way! The woman produces an insurance card for the kind officer. She gives Frank her name and number. Probably her standard fake like Elaine on Seinfeld. Frank goes by the insurance place to see what we have to do to get this thing fixed so we can sell it and wouldn't you know it, her insurance was cancelled 10 days earlier. Surprise, surprise. Here in Alabama, where it is mandatory to have insurance, what people do is get insurance, wait for the card to come in the mail, and then cancel the insurance. They have a card showing proof for an officer, but no real insurance. So now I have to put it on my insurance, let my rates go up and try to deal with all this crap. I swear this truck is cursed. It has been nothing but a pain in my arse since I got the damn thing!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need to insurance, whether it is to protect your home, auto, business, the future of your loved ones, or a variety of other needs. We offer all types of insurance under one roof.Most insurance companies offer similar services to you. But, as a customer, you must know how the services are offered, and what value you are getting. Because these things can make a big difference later on. Since then, U.S. Homeowners Insurance New York Agency has been providing services that are reliable, global, and extends far beyond the sale of an insurance policy.