Monday, November 26, 2007

Thankful Thanksgiving Whirlwind Weekend!

Thanksgiving is over and behind us and we had a great one at our house! I cooked for almost 2 days straight. My daughter (who is 7.5) even helped! We all ate and then proceeded to lay on the couch for the rest of the evening. The turkey turned out horrible, but that's the only thing I didn't cook!!! :) Everyone got their favorites and was happy. We have a lot to be thankful for this year. This was my husband and I's first thanksgiving together. We can't wait to start our own traditions and I think we did this year.

Friday it was off to Nashville for the Hannah Montana concert. In case you live under a rock, Hannah Montana is a show on the Disney Channel where Billy Ray Cyrus' daughter, Miley Cyrus stars as a high school kid who has a secret life as a rock star but no one knows because she doesn't want to be famous (and end up like Britney Spears in the process). This concert sold out in exactly 3 minutes. I was lucky enough to get some off ebay. The tickets I paid $100 each for were going for about $1000 the day of the show. Unbelievable! I was just so thankful I was able to take my daughter. The night of the concert was Miley's birthday and Billy Ray came out and did the encore with her. Great night. Great family night.

No comments: