Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Uh, We're Gonna Hafta Hook You Up Now

Remember back in your college days what "hook you up" meant? Usually free beer or other coveted goodies! Not so much when you go for a sleep study. Frank, my husband of a mere 2.5 weeks, went at my begging urging for a sleep study last night at the local slumber lounge. I was lucky enough to get to be with him for an hour and a half before they came in and hooked up more wires to him than I've seen on people on life support! I saw that tray of wires and I felt the need to let the technician do her job. I couldn't stay awake at a job where you have to watch people sleep. Pretty soon I'd be sleeping too! But I digress....Looks as though he does have sleep apnea. He'll go back to the doctor again and see what the options are, but more than likely he'll get a CPAP machine to sleep with. He really doesn't want to want to do the CPAP thing, but I'm so afraid of something happening to him if he doesn't. I know he thinks we won't be able to sleep together because of the machine, but I'm willing to do whatever I can to sleep in the same bed with him. It took me this long to find him, and I'm determined not to lose him! How do I make him understand that I don't care about the machine, I just want him, no matter how he is or what he looks like?

No comments: